Friday, October 28, 2005

Babes in Bronco-land, v.2

LaRumba is a spacious but sparsely decorated hole-in-the-wall club (at least by city standards; compared to the options up here it's a freakin' palacial mansion). Very, very cool set-up with an extensive bar and lounge area on one side and dance floor on the other. I met a ton of interesting people there, but I will keep those details to myself except to say that Raven and the rest of the girls were smokin' and Raven's friends were muy caliente, but alas also muy derecho (please pardon the bad spanish grammar). The rest of our stay at the club was filled with lots of drinking and dancing and flirting (and an occasional dancefloor kiss!). From my perspective, the multiple hours we spent there (until it closed at 2) went by in a fun-filled, dizzying flash. Next stop: after-hours party at Markie's.

Markie has a very cozy, chic apartment, with absolutely the best taste in decor I've seen in a while (for however much that's worth coming from a girl with all garage-sale-quality furniture and wall hangings). Not exactly sure how things got started, but a lethal mix of alcohol, ambiance and tres cool company seemed to have set the flirt level to high. I was probably one of the major instigators in the whole thing (although I point some of the blame to that wild vixen Breanna as well), and I take full responsibility for what I can only imagine was an unexpected but perhaps strangely sensual spectacle looking in from the outside. What can I say? - I was drifting in the go-with-the-flow moment (as were several others I might add). Regardless, from my perspective, a not totally wholesome, but still mostly non-XXX fun time was had by all and at no point did I hear anyone shouting for a stoppage in the action... 'nuff said, ok? Hehe :-)

The next day Meli and I hung out with our gracious hostess Tori and mostly relaxed with a combination of football and comedy channel. That night Markie was DJ'ing an 80's party at another club, this one called Tracks. I liked this club even more and it was big too (almost comparable to Manray [RIP] in Boston) - with a section devoted to poppy music (Markie's 80's party) and the other dedicated to rave/techno stuff.

The 80s side was an in-your-face lesson on 80's kitsch. The walls were adorned with pop band posters like Bon Jovi and Flock of Seagulls (ever hear of Babylon A.D.? Hahaha - I had their CD from years ago via my glam metal days!). In addition there was a big screen that continuously played music and documentary video footage of the king of 80's pop, Michael Jackson. Markie spun some mean tunes and most of the night was spent either on the dancefloor or watching a couple of the more entertaining dance participants (I say that making no judgment of quality except that they brought a smile to my face, since I am quite dance-impaired myself). The place was packed by midnight and the 80's side turned into all dance floor quickly. Towards the end of the night Markie EmC'd a little costume contest. The winner, by a wide margin was a drop-dead look alike of Prince ala his "Purple Rain" era.

Once again closing time arrived too soon and unwelcome. After a quick stop at McDonald's we headed back to Markie's, although the energy level was a lot lower this time (you might be a little tired too after 2 long nights of partying!) and things petered out rather quickly. The rest of my vacation was pure relaxation with the family, which luckily allowed me to mostly recover before the flight back east! Before concluding this epic tale of torrid, tantalizing, titillating, tornado-speed t-girl adventures, I will just mention that, in addition to meeting up with all the awesomely cool girls of Denver, I also met someone with whom I was able to share a little more of myself. That part of the trip is going to remain private (she knows who she is), but I am so glad I went and was able to meet this wonderful person, who I now consider a close friend.

These mile high adventures couldn't have happened without the enthusiasm and organizational skills of three fantastic ladies: Tori, Raven and Markie - you guys fucking rock the Queen City of the Plains and I can't wait to get back out that way and do it all over again (if you'll have me, that is)!

No comments: