Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Dana doings update

Lots o' happenings in my life, only some of which I will share tho:
  • done with laser sessions! $1800 later and free of the encumbering weight of a 5 o'clock shadow (plus I got a couple free zaps on my chest and underarms) - an awesome feeling. I may need to polish off a few stray hairs later in the year with electrolysis, but I'll worry about that if when the time comes...
  • my comfort level out in public is very high these days. People often tell me that they couldn't tell which of course brings a smile to my face. My voice is even improving - I'm mostly not self-conscious of it anymore which helps loads!
  • I can't bowl. Went last weekend for the first time in years - had a blast but my straight-as-an-arrow delivery resulted in way too many splits. Plus - when did three games of fucking bowling for 2 cost $20 (and thats not counting the shoes!!!). On an up note I did score over 100 twice with a high of 123! Also - I noticed that the bowling alley shoes are getting as tacky as can be. My guess is that since similar styles of shoes that were popular in bowling a decade ago are selling out on the market for primo prices today, that the bowling industry had to do something to stem the tide of stolen shoes. Hence the garish day-glo pink, yellow and green adorning the cheaply made outsides of my smelly pair...
  • It's starting to look like I may have to put off my surgery until early next year. Financial projections are running short. But dammit, I've waited way too long already! Still a possibility for this November, but we'll see...

No comments: