Wednesday, June 21, 2006

To all bigots and haters out there

Here's what I say to anyone who would hate someone simply because they are different than themselves:Jenn and I attended a protest march this past Saturday in support of Kevin Aviance and against the violence imposed on him and several others within the LGBT community by close-minded idiots in separate, brutal attacks in the city in the last week. Turnout for the march through the Village was good (considering it was put together on the fly and was promoted only through word of mouth and e-mail exchange), around 3-400 I'd say. The energy level was high and the march was led by the legendary Hedda Lettuce. Media coverage was pretty good too and for some reason Jenn and I must have struck some photographic chord because everyone seemed to want to take our picture. There were only a handful of lesbians there, so maybe thats why. Or maybe they just wanted to get a picture of me (the freakazoid) with the beautiful blonde! You can see some media pics of the event, including one of Jenn and I on the Daily News site (click on the Search tab on the left and search for: Kevin Aviance [as usual my name got mangled!]).

After the grueling march (Jenn and I are both very out of shape I might add) and a jaunt on the Statin Island Ferry, we headed back to her place and collapsed exhausted onto her bed. Here's a pic to commemorate that moment. I think this is actually one of my very fav pics of us now...

No comments: