Wednesday, September 13, 2006

new name, new perspective

I decided on sort of a whim to rename this blog. No real reason beyond a slowly growing desire to move away from having the TG label define who I am. To paraphrase and expand on the dorky but sometimes wise Gabbie from the excellent Sundance documentary series, "Transgeneration" (http://www.sundancechannel.com/transgeneration/):

Being labelled "trans" or TG or transsexual does not in any way encompass who I am - that is just an aspect of the whole me, no more or less important than that I am lesbian or atheist or of Polish-Irish ancestry or the hundreds of other slices that make up this pie called Dana. I do not shy from the TG part of me, but at the same time I refuse to let people define who I am by that single, and usually misunderstood part.

Peace,
Dana

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on girl! Love the new blog name. :)

Love you!!

Josh Gaffin said...

I love the new name also, although I think "SLICE OF DANA PIE" would be pretty sheckshay (as Sean Connery would say) too! :)

Anonymous said...

exactly how many slices are there in a dana pie? i seriously want a proper pie chart.

the new blog name is real cool! i agree with all the reasons why you changed it. you're dana; with no other descriptions attached.

xx joshy

Anonymous said...

cool new name looks quite frank!