Saturday, September 06, 2008

inner conflict about my outermost ramparts

So it looks like my excursion into vlogs is temporarily suspended for now, since the same day I launched my YouTube site and a few vids, my refurb'd Kodak camera decided to go kaput on me. Sending it back to Kodak for repairs, and in the meantime, my laptop webcam screws up the audio-video synch after about 20 seconds of recording, rendering it basically useless.

Anyways, I wanted to talk a bit more about my recent inner-conflict, touched on in my vlog embedded below a few days ago, about further body modifications. Specifically breat implants and or liposuction. I say inner-conflict because on one hand I have tiny breasts (barely A) and a bit of a beer belly, both of which I am overly self-conscious of and that limit the clothes I can comfortably wear and look decent in. They both also play havoc with my self-confidence at times. It is very hard to find a comfortable 36 A bra that fits and does anything for me and looks decent under clothing. And forget about wearing most dresses without some padding, which I really dislike doing.

On the other hand, it's sometimes nice not to have to wear a bra (the only real advantage to tiny breasts!). And most importantly: I'm asking myself if I really need to modify my body and undergo more painful surgery to feel more myself.

Is this a pure vanity thing? And is that necessarily a bad thing? Regardless, I'll get a consultation and then decide.

No comments: