Friday, May 09, 2008

Best comic book superhero movies

Jenn and I saw Iron Man last night, and while it was an excellent movie, I just simply don't buy it as the best comic book superhero adaptation. It may be in the top 5 or 10, but that's it for me. So here is my own list for this (note: for major movie superhero adaptations only, so it discounts great movies like I Am Legend, Ghost World, V for Vendetta and Sin City):
  1. Batman (the original and still the best, I just don't buy that Batman Begins was that great. It was ok, but that's it in my book)
  2. Blade (silly in parts, but so effective and to me, ground-breaking + it has Vampires and kick-ass music!)
  3. Spider-Man
  4. Hellboy (can't wait for the sequel!)
  5. Iron Man
  6. Spider-Man 2
  7. Blade 2
  8. X-Men (I love the X-Men comics, but Hollywood managed to fuck up this franchise royally)
  9. Darkman
  10. Superman (the 1978 original. As much as I dislike Superman in general, this was a good movie for it's day)

No comments: