Friday, July 08, 2005

almost completely out of the closet + adventure update

Well, the meetings on wednesday with my co-workers (about 40 of them total) went smoothly. Everyone was very receptive and supportive and really appreciated my candor and honesty. Some have even started calling me Dana already. Even though I don't really see it that way, people keep saying how courageous I was in doing it - to me it was just something that had to be done. Anyways, it felt wonderfully freeing to have that burden lifted from my shoulders!!! There's a new bounce to my step while at work. I really am blessed to have such awesome colleagues and a supportive work environment.

The final piece of the "climbing-out-of-the-closet" puzzle will come very soon - telling my grandmother. We're moving her into an assisted-living place this weekend as she can't walk anymore and also broke her shoulder. Hopefully, after she's settled in, me and my mom can sit down with her and explain things.

It will be so fucking amazing to dress how and when I want. Of course, I'm still not dressing fully at work until like December (need time to get more laser and work on my figure anyways and I will start mixing in more subtley femme items soon), but in the meantime I can dress freely any other time!

Even though I knew this would happen: the funny thing is I don't feel as much a desire to vamp things up anymore. I guess I've outgrown that stage in my development or something. More and more, I am changing my wardrobe to everyday (but still hopefully cute and sexy) clothes. I will never be a drab dresser, I can assure you of that, but the super-flambouyant, super high-heel, over-the-top look for me is dying a welcome death...

In other news...this past weekend my fave girlfriends Angela and Toni came to visit again. We enjoyed lots of beer, sun, swimming, good food (Toni made her delish eggplant veggie lasagna), jello shots, campfire songs, and even some skinny dipping! The fireworks over Sacandaga Lake near my camp however, sucked. I think because people were saving their big stuff for Monday. I also drunkenly took a hard spill on the shore rocks that night and put a gash on my leg about 8 inches long. But I spent the entire weekend dressed, got a light bikini tan, and my camp neighbors were super supportive when they saw me! Overall - an awesome weekend....

'til next time, keep your eyes thinking and your mind seeing!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

congratulations. That's really good news.