Sunday, July 10, 2005

doubt dashed against a light wave of sound

Just climaxed with my first marathon guitar session – close to 2 hours. My fingers on my right hand are having trouble at the moment finding their proper keys – this nebulous world of words is a different scale - less sensual. I didn’t want to put it down – afraid I might forget all that had flowed into my hands in that long moment of playing something of my own. I’m sure it was derived directly from some blues riff I’ve heard buried in some song somewhere forgotten for the moment. It kept flowing through me. At one point I stopped and realized I was sweating and had a perma-smile grin pasted to my face. Never had I shown but an inkling that I could even make the most rudimentary pleasant sounds and now I was strumming a rapidly confident fast-as-fire old-time boogie! So I’m here for the moment waiting and heading quick back to see if the sound remains the same…

[massive props to my friend Toni for the loan of the axe!!!]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can and will relate --my fav guitar is being repaired right recently --so I have had to resort to my second guitar for the past several days (ahhh a handsome Jackson Flying V!) --I threw some new strings on -and much to my shit grin -it sounds AWESOME! --but yup --crankin away for 2 hours a day makes my LEFT forearm sore -different guitar -different neck --different muscles --ahhhh but it sounds PERFECT! --or maybe it just sounds so good cuz my other one was that broken ---