Monday, May 15, 2006

anti-post

I haven't been posting much lately for several reasons:
  1. I'm head over heels in love and as a result my brain has pretty much turned to mush; occupied 24-7 with smiley-thoughts of sleeping peacefully against my lover, or spending an entire day in bed with her, or kissing her lips in a flurry of passion, or relaxing together as we picnic amidst a giant field of beautiful wildflowers and with a vista that would rival any, or serenading her with my brilliant poetry (insert laugh here!) and or guitar work, or just looking deep into her eyes and seeing how much she loves me back. Haha - 'nuff said? On the upside, I've never been so happy in my life, despite that fact that this nagging geography between us is a constant reminder that I can't (yet) indulge in any of the above activities with her on a daily basis!
  2. I've been sick last few days. Got a nasty cold (thanks for the get-well beautiful flowers babe!!!) that I am still recovering from.
  3. Work has been crazy-hectic lately and so often when I get home the last thing I want to do is spend more time staring at a computer screen...

But as always, I will try to keep things up here so that I can continue to harangue the mass [reality: probably less than 10?!!] of faithful readers of this blog. I have come to understand that my output on here is directly proportional to the amount of effort required, which is itself defined by a wave pattern of the ups and downs of my life. In other words, when I am most happy, it takes more effort for me to muster the energy to rant and hence I don't post as much.

Here's a little formula that may explain it better to the numerically-oriented: O = e2 + (h / t)

where O is my output, e is the square of required effort, h is level of happiness and t is time available. Can you tell I myself am serverly numerically-challenged?

I'm now in the midst of a bitter court battle to get a law passed providing equal rights protections to those such as myself who struggle with the numerative sciences. My proposed protections include providing easy-to-use calculators for use at all public venues such as restaurants (wouldn't that make figuring out the tip so much easier!!!) and cabs, creating a "number-free" zone where we could feel free of the stressful perplexities of math calculations, and the outlawing of all math-based discrimination, such as that underlying our existing education and business institutions. Vive la d'anti-nombre révolution!!!

Guess I'm in a trough blog-wise at this point, but that'll change, I assure you. Till then, I invite you to peruse the other excellent blogs listed on the left side of this page, especially dooce.com, which I read religiously...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did I get so lucky to have the sweetest, lovliest, sexiest (I could go on forever with the adjectives) girlfriend in the world? I love you so much baby, only 11 more days!!

xoxoxoxo
Jenn