Wednesday, May 24, 2006

horning in on my territory

Some new neighbors just moved in next door. Wow they are a smelly, horny bunch. At least they're vegetarians...

This one was mooing up a storm and almost charged us as I was trying to get a close-up. I think he may have smelled all the leather clothing I have hanging in my closet and wants it back for his patchy flank... Emmitt almost charged back (my brave 'lil protector!). He ended up sticking his nose against the electrified fence and getting a good singe instead. Here is what he thinks of the new neighbors... All in all, these gentile creatures, while they have taken over my beloved back woods and deprived me of easy access to leisurely wooded jaunts, are quite fascinating. They move around a lot more than the cows down the road and there is just something mesmerizing about those horns; I almost feel like I've wandered onto the plains of the Serengeti and am watching a herd of free roaming wildebeest. The only difference is that those critters have curvier horns and darker hides. Luckily, I haven't heard much nighttime mooing yet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, cute!! Maybe that cow tipping idea I had isn't such a good idea though. Those creatures look like they could inflict some pain! hehehe Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Summer said...

A friend of mine lives out in the country on a heavily wooded lot. One day he thought the cows that the neighbor has seemed to be a bit close, with the mooing being very loud and all. So out into his woods he went and found out that he had been invaded. LOL. He then ran back, grabbed a camera, and took lots of pics.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully they won't bother you too much, but if they do, you could always mooooooooove. Sorry, couldn't resist. -Jaye

Unknown said...

They do look like Wildebeests. Those are some pretty cows.