Monday, July 17, 2006

Hit the Lights

Had an awesomely fun (and sweaty) weekend down in the city. Jenn and the rest of her amazing (and super-nice) Midnight Checkout Queens were slated to perform another midnight shadowcast of Hedwig at the IFC. They were shorthanded, so I got shang-hai'd to do the lights (which just consisted of watching the performance and film from the projection booth and turning the stage lights on and off on cue - a difficulty level just my speed. So I got to see the show from on high - which was cool, although a bit claustrophobic.

The next day, after spending some quality time with my better half lounging at home, and then meeting my bestest sista Aelis in Manhatten and sipping Smirnoff Ice drinks in Union Square, I dressed up as Hedwig for the costume contest. Again, staff was short, so after the clip of John Cameron Mitchell's new film, Short Bus, the costume contest, and a Q&A session with John, I needed to head back to the little room to handle the lights. But in the meantime, I won the costume contest and received a signed copy of the original Hedwig play script. Very cool. Of course, it helped that I was the only one who had dressed up. I mean I would have won regardless :-), but still, it would have been better with some competition. The night previous, there had been like 4-5 contestants! Oh well - was very cool sitting next to John as he showed his film clip and then being up on stage with him briefly. John is a very very cool and gracious and funny guy.

Anyways, here are a couple pics from that night with my film counterpart/soulmate/girlfriend - doesn't she look absolutely super cool? Actually, I think she was just completely exhausted by saturday night, but she is a trooper and makes a very sexy Yitzhak. Hope you like...

ps: also caught "A Scanner Darkly" today - excellent Linklater film based on the brilliant Philip K. Dick psychdelic sci-fi book. Weird movie, but well done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God, I look so out of it in those pics. I guess it works for Yitzhak though, she's always kinda despondant like that. ;) You are as hot as ever though. :) Love you and miss you lots!!!

XOXOXOXO
Jenn