Monday, February 05, 2007

north pole-less

I'm now back from chilly Montreal and with brand new indoor plumbing courtesy of the brilliant Dr. Brassard. I'm sore as hell, hopped up on demorol, and happier than a clam (no pun intended!). Lots more about the adventure soon, but for now just glad to be back home and sleeping in my own bed. Most amazingly, I went 2 weeks without a web connection and survived! Now it's off to dilation #3 of the day...

ps: thanks to everyone who wished me well or sent me flowers or chased down the doctor to make sure he took good care of me - you know who you are and my gratitude goes out to all of you. And of course special thanks to my soulmate for putting up with 2 weeks of my whining and groaning, and mostly just for being there the whole time and caring so much for a wretch like me - you make me feel like the luckiest girl alive everytime I wake and have the pleasure of gazing into your dazzling eyes.

4 comments:

CulinaryAssassin said...

Awww sweets, there's no place in the world I would have rather been than by your side through all of this. Love you more than anything in the world!!

The Guv'ner said...

Oh man. i can't conceive of the level of discomfort of having your outy become an inny. Really, i just cringe thinking about it. But it won't be nasty sore forever and soon it will be a functioning fanjeeta (as my sister likes to call it). J. and i were happy to hear you were doing ok after the op and plan on doing evil things with the camera phone pic. Ha.

Unknown said...

Jeeze, I forgot she sent you that fucking thing (If she sent you the disgusting pic I think she did)... Sorry about that!

Ahhhhh - this demerol is amazing stuff, even in small quantities. The pain is bearable and I'm even able to operate heavy machinery (2002 Prizm, dishwasher, dilator #3, etc.) while under its gentle influence - just don't ask me to remember details! Make sure you get some for yerself when you go under the knife, k?

Now I need to devise a list of variously shaped "plungers" and other tools Jenn and I can jam into my new plumbing so as to keep things flowing smoothly...:-)

Peace out and hope to see youse guys soon!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you Dana! So,Did Dr. Brassard in fact mention to you about seeing me at first event ? I hope he did. I'm soon off to sunny Miami for my second stage surgery. This will be cake compared to stage one .I'm leaving March 7 and coming back on the 12-th.

I would love to have a chat with you sometime soon and compare notes. lol. I can't wait to talk you. Much love sis xo Gina C.