Wednesday, November 07, 2007

ENDA update and Dana update

It appears that HRC and Barney have gone ahead and fucked us on ENDA despite opposition from all corners of the lgbt community. More details here:
http://transgroupblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/fuck-this.html
http://pageoneq.com/news/2007/enda7.html

On a personal update - I've had my head buried in some very cool but time- and brain power-consuming library projects (launch of a newly designed library home page with integrated federated search, virtual info lit instruction pilot project, development of a library toolbar for Firefox and IE, concerted marketing project, RSS library feed integration with our CMS and more) for the past couple months and just find myself burned out at the end of the day most days and unmotivated to go sit in front of the computer some more at home. In addition, I've been busy cataloging my 1,300 issue comic collection (re-embracing my inner geek!) and have been hit with a mild case of the early winter blues - I'm never ready for the cold weather! As a result, I haven't posted to here in a while. Hope to change that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a shame that it came to this, but it is just the way things always seem to happen in American Government, comprimise a group to make another group happy. Started with things such as the Electorial College and slavery and we saw what that went on to do, cause a eventually Civil War by caving on the slavery issue and bringing us 8 oh so wonderful years of the Bush era with the state comprimise in the Constitution.(To be fair, I was one of the many idiots who voted for him) All I can say is that hopefully time will come soon that the government will come in line with some of the states and cities that have protection laws.

On a personal note, didnt know you had a comicbook collection, guess you learn something new about someone everyday.

Hope that your new living arangements are going great, you stay warm this winter, and that we can catch up sometime online, but til then have a fun weekend and keep the good fight going!

April :)

Anonymous said...

Oh ya I did forget, at least the trans view was presented on the floor during the hearings today and I forget her name, but a Congresswoman from the San Diego area said the TG part of the amendment should be in the bill too. Why I was watching C-SPAN, who knows, but just happened to see that part of the hearings, yes I need a life *jokes*

April :)

Unknown said...

:-) Hi April,

Yup - was a comic collector back in the day but put it aside after high school. I'm getting back into it these days mostly because Joss Whedon started putting out Buffy Season 8 comics about a year ago and I'm a total Buffaholic and simply can't get enough of the stuff!

On ENDA - it didn't have to go down this way. From what I can tell, Barney Frank, the leaders of HRC, and a few short-sighted gays decided they could live with jettisoning the T for a piece of the bigoted straight pie...a fucking shame but hopefully the voters will make these public figures pay by putting them out of a job...

Hope you're doing well out in the heartland. Peace out,

Dana