Friday, January 28, 2005

no, you can't meet or start an LTR with me if you've never talked to me and put in effort...

Ok, this diatribe is gonna sound very egotistical and bitchy and prudish to some, but I've been getting lots of messages from guys out there who think that they can interest me just by sending a short (and often horribly spelled) message saying I'm beautiful (compliments are always welcome, of course, but not sloppy or lazy come-ons :-) and then jumping right to asking if we can "meet up," "get together" or "am I top or bottom?" in the next sentence! That shit ain't gonna fly, period. But here's a little cheat sheet for those who might be interested in making an effort:

First: If you don't have a picture of yourself (a non-sexual one that clearly shows your face) available, are married or in a serious relationship, or consider yourself unequivocally "straight," (see my previous post on that topic) don't bother trying to woo me - you have no shot...

Second: I'm very very picky and demand that any suitor put in an effort to get my attention. If you want to get my attention, read the info about me on my various sites and put some real thought and wit into any message you send. If you make reference to us having sex or you doing sexual things to me or other rude comments right off the bat, or can't spell or put sentences together into coherent thoughts, I will ignore you out of hand (unless I'm bored and feel like chastising someone). Would you direct such thoughtless comments to a girl you liked in person? I don't think so.

Third: I'm a traditional girl in the sense that I will only have physical relations with someone I care about, have had real conversations with and share common interests, and have a strong attraction to. I must feel an emotional AND physical connection to go down that road.

Fourth: Unless you are a very generous gentleman (if you are a hot gg then i might bend these rules a bit :-) who can travel or pay me to travel and put me up, and have or are willing to put in a very impressive effort to befriend and impress me, long distance relationships aren't gonna happen, ok? I like to stay close to home most of the time (broken up by occassional party road trips) and really only have interest in local suitors (within a couple hours driving at most) who meet the above requirements.

So, am I being a total bitch right now? Nah - I just know what I want and won't settle for anything else. And know that I will always respect those who try to get what they want in life, and if what they want happens to be me I can't blame them for having good taste! So ya, I want my cake and to eat it to - what of it?! 'Nuff said? Peace.

No comments: