Monday, April 04, 2005

crying and a rite of passage?

Two items to mention briefly today:
  • Last week I felt like I passed some kinda personal tg rite of passage when my mom gave me a bunch of her old, but still nice jewelry! I was really touched by the offer (she is simply the best - I am sooo lucky to have her and my dad!). And of course I gobbled the stuff up, since it would basically be my first items not bought at Target (excepting the wonderful hoop earrings my friend Bob got me). These new earrings, necklances and bracelets are also more subtle in look than what I have now, better for everyday wear, which I am sorely lacking.
  • Yesterday I was brought to sobbing, uncontrollable tears while watching "Man on Fire"...lol! I am such a sucker for a sappy ending... :-) And I am coming just now to realize the incredible cathartic, healing power of having a good long cry every once in a while. As a guy in the past, my reaction to such emotions was always a typically machismo one: "eh - it's just a deliberate tear-jerker movie, why the hell are you crying?!" Now I am embracing the feeling of a solid weep. I'm sure there's an element in that embrace that wants to be more feminine and so embraces it blindly, but I believe the majority of it is unconscious; a part of me that is wonderful, freeing, and still blooming...

No comments: