Friday, November 10, 2006

the missing constant

Just a sloppy little poem I put together thinking of mi amour this morning...we haven't seen each other in almost 2 excruciatingly long weeks and 1 week more to go...

the clutter horn sounds and I scramble to hold you
a constant assault on my senses
from space and time-warped worries uncontrolled
this unsolved equation controls me

so my free dreams struggle to summon you
and your fireplace warm embrace
that fanciful place with your arms gently around me,
and your bonny eyes fixed upon me
and we slumber and laugh and sweat and live
comfy and cozy beneath a soothing, swaying heat

this reverie-desire so graceful, so perfectly rounded
so perfectly desired
that I break sound and bend light and kill time
and wiggle my way through this wormhole of worries
to get to you, to be the woman I know I can be

only with you

hoping you patiently wait on the other side
until gravity and the laws of relativity
and the absolute truth that is us, come together



Love you, miss you, love you more,
Dana

No comments: