Friday, March 25, 2005

Capital Chaos, lowercase lamented leaving (part 3 of 3)

The day started rather crazily with a 10 am knock at my door. I faintly heard a heavily accented voice say something about service. Standing on the other side of the thick door in painted toes, panties, cami and no makeup, I was not about to let the Guatemalan maid turn down my sheets! I kindly refused the offer and contemplated how to ease my way into an early spring saturday. I settled on some cable tv to start, a luxury for me as I have not had cable in more than a dozen years! Luckily, an old episode of my fav Joss Whedon show "Angel" was on, and I climbed back under the covers to enjoy an hour of the sublime sweetness that is David Boreanaz with fangs...

After a couple hours of doing some consulting research for my friend Bob, I underwent the sometimes arduous but always fun process of picking out an outfit. I settled on my cute little blue plaid mini, my new black cami and mesh overlay, along with my trusty black leather boots. An order of pizza and a few sets of pics later and I was ready to face the night once again! This time I taxied it over to the club, which is actually only about 1-2 miles from my hotel. I misremembered the address (ditz! I was just there last night..) but only had to hoof it 2 blocks after getting out of the taxi. On the way into Chaos, which is underground by the way, a couple of snooty drag queens were poking some harmless fun at the way I descended the stairs. I responded with a hardy "hiya!" and dove in, not knowing if anyone that I knew or that knew me would be there or not. Luckily, lovely Marisa had told her devious partner in crime, Jenna, that I was coming and she plucked me from the clutches of the seedy looking men at the bar almost immediately and took me back towards their reserved booth area.

She had actually orchestrated a large tg gathering that night and it was sooo awesome meeting and, when possible between the blaring house music and drag shows, chatting with them! They all made me feel welcome, for which I owe a great deal of gratitude to Marisa and Jenna, along with everyone else there that night.

The rest of the night mostly consisted of the drag performances (with the same mc as the night before...lol - but still very entertaining - she was mostly ad-libbing it), lots of dancing, and some picture taking. Before the drag shows I got a boost of confidence out on the floor dancing when a couple of girls from a bachelorette party asked to have their picture taken with me! I know, I'm a pure vanity whore...:-)

When the drag show started, this older, creepy guy kept staring and winking at me from a couple tables away, but I ignored him until he came over and rudely stood in front of our group in a pathetic attempt to get closer to us or something. We all gave him dirty looks until he went away. After the show, the dancing began in earnest...

Once again I subjected my fellow sisters to a humbling display of dancing prowess....NOT! But I don't give a fuck to be honest - I have fun doing it regardless (even though I might not always be smiling because I'm concentrating dammit!) . And I need the practice. "Sway your hips more, NOT your knees, dumb bitch!" - haha! Towards the end of the night, after fending off a couple of drunken but harmless men that tried to get a bit too close to me, I realized just how sweaty I had gotten. And wouldn't you know it - thats when we started snapping pics!~ You can see the best outcome of that in the picture below...

During our little pics session, a super-skinny cute boy was flirting a little with a couple of us. The girls took to calling him the FYC boy, because he looked a lot like the singer for Fine Young Cannibals. He even took a couple pics of us, the pic below one of them. We also hammed it up for the camera together, touching tongues and kissing briefly (that pic is in my T-girl Yahoo group). On my way out, we kissed again and he asked if he could date me. Alas, I said, unless you can get up to NY it just won't be possible...sigh :-)

Before going our separate ways, a couple of us accepted Marisa's gracious invitation for some after-hours conversation and wine at her place, where we waxed philosphically on a wide variety of topics, including vital tg issues like the genius (or lack thereof) of Thomas Dolby, and the pros and cons of selling used panties on the net. This took place between Marisa, Jenna and I, while Kelly, who was not feeling well, was conked out on a recliner, occasionally putting her two cents into the conversation in the form of light snoring sounds (sorry Kel - I couldn't help myself with that!).

The night ended around 5am and I managed to sneak in a good 5 hours of sleep before frantically packing up and departing for the long drive back north. I was definitely thankful that I only had a couple beers the previous night, otherwise the drive would have been even longer. All in all, a fab adventure. I can't thank Marisa and Jenna and the rest of the DC/B'more gang enough for their hospitality and grace - hope to see you all again soon. If you ever find yerself yearning for some country air...

No comments: