Thursday, March 24, 2005

DC drag & chaos (part 2 of 3)

Surprisingly, on thursday, the Irish day of hedonistic revelry, I only went out briefly to a pub for lunch and watched some basketball. Truth be told, I just didn't feel like drinking that much, and the prospect of going out solo was even more of a negative. So I got my beauty sleep and awoke the next day ready for the festivities to begin. I did attend 2 short conference sessions, but I was back in my hotel room with some take-out greek by noon.

That would give me plenty of time to get ready at a leisurely pace and take a few piccies in several outfits all before I was to meet my friend Bob around 7. As usual, I took a while picking out my outfit. I started with several lingerie or bra and panty ensembles for pics and then settled on a classy, "uptown girl" look with just a sprig of flirt thrown in. This consisted of my brown plaid flippy miniskirt, tight green halter top, strappy beige, 4-inch wedge sandals, and a dirty blonde-brunette wig. It all came together quite nicely, I must admit.

Around 6:30 Bob came over. Bob is a true friend, although this was the first time we had ever met! We had been chatting and having superb converations on a regular basis for more than a year and it was great to finally meet him. We opened a bottle of cheap wine that I had gotten and then headed out into the mean (and confusing) streets of DC. Our first destination was the Chaos club for a quiet dinner. After only a few wrong turns and having to call my friend Marisa to find out exactly where the place was ("hey - we're on 17th and O sts - where the hell is it?" D'oh! 17th and Q - got it - thanks!"). We parked about 3 blocks away and passed by several crowded outdoor bar patio areas chock full of college kids. I got a couple compliments, but nothing derogitory. Dinner at Chaos was actually quite good, despite the fact that food was just an afterthought there and they started banging out the rhythms on the speakers before we finished)! I got Salmon and Bob got the rockfish (mine was better! :-). The place was dead, but I could tell it would be a cool club once it got hopping (the plan was to go there with Marisa and some of her friends the next night).

After dinner and some more conversation, we headed to Marisa's place a couple miles away. We were a little late getting to her place and she wasn't ready yet - typical vanity girls on the run, right? Next destination was Zeigfields, located down by the waterfront. It was a bit of a comic routine getting us there. I was driving and had absolutely no idea where we were going, while Bob and Marisa, espousing often contradictory directions, managed to get us almost completely off course. But they finally collaborated and get us back on track with only a minor 15 minute detour ("I swear, I had complete faith you guys would get us there eventually..").

The place was in a very shady part of town (I imagine drag clubs aren't very welcome in most neighborhoods). Once inside, I was actually amazed at how small the place was! Lots of mirrors, of course, and the whole place oriented around the stage, which also doubled as the dance floor. This was your typical drag place: populated with admirers and lots of asian t-girl prostitutes. There were a couple other non-prostitute tgs there as well as some regular gay boys. The performances were quite good (although I have to admit, not as good as Monteal) and it was definately a bonus that the MC was speaking english instead of french (I could understand all the jokes and straight-guy put-downs)!

Marisa and I were both propositioned at some point in the night. For her, an older gentleman tried to offer $20 for some unnamed favor - I think she laughed in his face right there! Although it turned out later that guy was a real sweety named Jimmy who is just a hard-up t-girl admirer. On my end, I was dancing amongst the crowd by myself, as usual looking like Elaine in that Seinfeld episode where it's revealed she can't dance a lick, when this guy sidles up to me with a sly grin on his face, and starts getting all grabby. At first I was fine with it - whatever, but then the reality hit me of just how creepy, in a possible serial-killer way, this guy was. He wasn't saying a word and was staring at me unblinkingly as he kept pushing himself gently into me as I tried to dance. I first asked (shouted to) him if he could even speak, but he said nothing, so I got sick of that, telling him to "back the fuck off!" so I could continue my uncoordinated gyrations alone. The guy finally got the message but returned at the end of the night to wisper in my ear an invitation to go back to his hotel room. Now it was my turn to laugh in someone's face!

As we were heading back to my car, passing several sports cars full of very dangerous looking boys, Marisa was behind Bob and I (she was wearing impossibly high heels by the way and so was lagging behind) getting shadowed by a silent black guy. He handed her a little card and then went on his way. As we headed back to the Capitol area to drop Bob off to catch the metro, Marisa discovered the card was a fuzzy picture of a penis in the middle of spewing! Ewwwwwwww!!!

That was the end of the night. Saturday the plan was to head back to Chaos alone and meet up wth some of Marisa's DC/B'more gang and then later marisa for more drag shows and dancing. That night will be detailed in part 3...stay turned!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exhaustive and accurate. Though I kinda know that one chick and no way is she as nice or punctual as you imply!! LOL. It might perhaps be noted that it was an Xeroxed ejaculating penis BUSINESS card (with name, e-mail, and multiple phone #'s for--one can only assume--the ejaculator).

C'mon back now, ya' hear!

Anonymous said...

P.S. How could ANYONE possibly have been derogatory towards you? You were sizzzzzzling Friday! --risa