Sunday, June 05, 2005

visit from some New England chicas (pieza uno)

This past weekend my humble home was graced with a visit from my dear friend Angela (she was my party partner in Boston), along with her friend (and now mine), Toni. I can't say enough about how cool these girls are. They were perfect guests and we had a ton of fun, despite the fact that the party scene up here just plain sucks, especially on a holiday weekend...

The transdynamic duo arrived friday afternoon from points east and we quickly sat down to some beers and girl chatter; to catch up/get to know each other and plan out the evening's festivities. We settled on a trip south down to Albany and the straight/gay mixed club called Waterworks - in my opinion the best dance option around these rural parts. I had arranged earlier that my statuesque, flaxen-haired friend Kelly would meet us out there as well.

From my perspective, however, there was one major glitch: the initial laser treatment I had survived only 2 days before made shaving and getting rid of the blatantly dark beard shadow impossible! The hairs had basically been mushified and simply did not come off during multiple close shaves. Toni had tried to warn me on IM the day before, but I thought it might still come off. Needless to say Toni was right and I looked horrible. I was utterly mortified, especially to have someone meet me like this! I got over it tho. I swallowed my vanity a little, said fuck it, and with the help of a thick, goopy layer of Toni's cool concealer stuff, I looked, in dark lighting, like a woman with a decent body who has an out of control facial hair problem. I was wearing my pink jeans, black cami top with mesh overlay, and black biker boots.

With Angela as our designated driver for the night we managed to find our way downtown and to the club without major incident. The lower level bar area was the usual mix of old farts and college kids and upstairs in the dance area hadn't gotten going yet. After a drink or two however the dancing did pick up and a very old, practically toothless man asked me to dance. He sort of appeared out of nowhere right on my shoulder, mumbling in an almost unintelligible voice and I instinctively turned the offer down. Toni felt sorry for the guy and offered to dance with him in my stead (she is such a softy at heart). Soon thereafter we were joined by Kelly and we all joined the growing population on the floor. Over the course of the next few hours all four of us managed to get hit on by several mostly gay men and Angela and Toni somehow both lost an earring. They were also dancing barefoot. I only stepped on Toni's toe with my two left feet once :-)

We left sometime around 3 am with Kelly talking animatedly with a nice gentleman and assurances she could get home. It was about that time that some late night post-dance munchies kicked in. I was thinking of Taco Bell, but knew Angela had had a bad experience with them before, so we settled instead for a slightly different bad meal, Denny's, across the street on Central Ave...

No comments: