Sunday, June 26, 2005

a walk in the park with a purpose

Dana update:

  • had my second laser session last wednesday. the effect when these hairs fall out in the next few days will be really good I think - just can't look decent until then...
  • one and half weeks until I completely come out at work. my department boss and the college admin already know and are going to help me tell everyone the wednesday after next at a big meeting. i'm putting together an outline of what I'll say along with a letter/FAQ with more details for those interested...last real goal to dressing how and when I want is now telling my grandma...breathe, Dana, breathe....
  • been running about 4-5 miles a day (6 days a week) and loving it. i got new running shoes and a sports bra (compliments of a gift certificate from a good friend) that i'm gonna try out next week up at the camp, july 4th weekend.
  • with no one around yesterday (saturday) up at the lake, i donned my little bandeau bikini and did some sun bathing and some swimming! it felt awesome to swim in that outfit - way, way, way more comfy that the usual baggy shorts i use.
  • my eating habits and barely shrinking beer belly continue to haunt me - wish i didn't love good food so much (and that i wasn't such a damn good cook :-). but i have a purpose, am focused and have no doubt i'll get there, just more slowly than i'd originally hoped!
  • night sights behind my place have been spectacular - must be firefly mating season because all the 250+ acres of fields have been lit up with millions and millions of twinkling little faerie lights for the last week or so - a truly awe inspiring thing to see each night before sleep!
  • this coming weekend its back up to the lake for fireworks shows over the water and all the usual daytime water activities that i truly enjoy. my fav being a respite from the heat in the form of lounging in an inner tube bobbing gently amongst the undulating waves with a beer in hand...
  • think i've come up with my new middle name: Harmony - i've always like that name.

la pace, i miei amici (per favore scusarme per macellare la lingua!)

No comments: