Wednesday, September 21, 2005

bullshit in the bathroom

Here's a little quote I came across today that reminded me that so-called "smart people" (disclaimer: I am in no way smart myself although as this blog can attest, I do like to give my long-winded opinion on things) maybe shouldn't always open their mouths or give their opinions on matters of public policy, no matter whose side they are on...

When asked about his university's decision to build some single person bathrooms to accomodate the transgendered and "otherwise ambiguously self-identified persons",

"a doctoral student at the University of Chicago Divinity School...reports: "The University of Chicago has just supplied us with a number of bathrooms for those 'uncomfortable' about classifying themselves within the hegemonic taxonomies of bourgeois heteronormativity."

[wtf did he just say? lol!]

quote from: First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion and Public Life, May 2005 i153 p67(1).

No comments: