Sunday, September 11, 2005

Clutch Night

This past weekend I actually got out and about. Friday night I went out to Club 22 as a drag show was scheduled. I also got a new black equestrian coat and I wanted to show off the little goth outfit I had put together (the pick on the homepage of my fansofdana Yahoo group with the coat over it :-). Unfortunately when I got there they had rescheduled the show for next friday. As a result, the club was totally dead. So I just stayed for a couple brews and hung out with a very nice cd named Nancy, and my fav 22 gay boi, Eric.

I haven't been sleeping well at all lately for various reasons, so when I got home around 2 am I smoked a bowl and played a little solo pool and then watched Matrix Reloaded. Didn't get to sleep until about 5am....

Luckily, I didn't have anywhere to be on Sat. so I had a rare morning where I slept in; until 10:30! Anyways, on Friday I had e-mailed my friend Kelly, who I knew had at least heard of them, about one of my fav bands coming to town, Clutch. She was hesitant at first, but I convinced her to come out with me and so we met down in Clifton Park and headed over to the show. I put together a simple, unassuming, but punk-ish ensemble; jeans and a sleeveless white top and my biker boots. The place, Saratoga Winners, which is basically just a glorified barn, was fairly crowded but most people were hanging by the bar in the back so Kelly and I went up front so we could watch. A live show is sooo much more enjoyable to me when I can see the bands playing up close and so this show ended up being awesome - we were about 10-15 feet from the stage...

Opening for Clutch was a three piece instrumental band from Philly called Stinking Lizaveta. The guitarist looked like a shirtless and very hairy Charles Manson and the drummer was a really cute girl. They freakin rocked! All great musicians with great grooves and riffs. I was tempted to buy their CD but really wanted a cute brown Clutch T they had there and didn't have enough $ for both.

Anyways, Clutch came on for 2 full sets and as always (this was my 4th time seeing them) they were fucking awesome; crisp, groovy, heavy...The only bad thing was, since they played 2 sets, they didn't do an encore (nor did they do Kelly's fav song, "Careful with that Mic"). Oh well, still kicked ass.

After the show Kelly and I headed down to Albany, to Waterworks, a semi-gay dance club; in reality the only decent club in the city. There was a good crowd there and we danced for a while and then played a couple games of pool. Got home about 4 am...

Damn, recounting all that has made me tired...late nights have caught up; bye for now!

No comments: