Friday, September 16, 2005

update

forgot if I mentioned these already:
  • my name change is official!!! Dana Harmony lives and breathes...
  • put in the form to change the name associated with my ss#. Tried to sneak the F gender past the clerk but she caught it and good-naturedly changed it to M for me. Next is the license, which I will definately change the gender on - just got the letter from my therapist in support of it. Hope I can get that crap done before I fly out to Denver to see my brand new niece in a few weeks!
  • been presenting as more and more femme at work lately (to go along with the name change). Even wore women's slacks and button blouse the other day with earrings (small ones). Middle of next month is the last big plunge into FT (I need work outfits badly!!)....

Sadly I say goodbye to a relaxing summer season. Wish it lasted a bit longer, but then again we will soon be awash in the awe-inspiring colors of fall...Peace out!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had a terrible time at the SS office.

" You cut off penis? Why you cut off penis"

And they called me over the loudspeaker by my MALE first name.

UGH

-valentina

Colleen said...

Congrats, Dana!! What a huge step :)

Vickie Davis said...

Yes, Congratulations! That has to make you feel good.